Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Month of Thankfulness and Kreativ Blogger

I was just nominated for the Kreativ Blogger award by Cindi at http://clayitagain.blogspot.com/.  As luck would have it, I was in the middle of preparing my next Month of Thankfulness post to thank some of my followers. So I decided to combine the two posts. First, the award.

The rules for accepting this award are:
1) Copy the award and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog.
3) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
4) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
5) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6) Notify your 7 bloggers.



OK, first, thank you for the award, Cindi, and thank you for being one of my followers. Cindi's etsy shop is http://www.etsy.com/shop/clayitagain.  She has posted some adorable Christmas ornaments! Check this out:


Here's seven things about me:

1. I love to surprise friends and family with handmade gifts. (This thrills me even more than getting gifts – unless they are also handmade.)
2. I LOVE Christmas. (Not plastic Santas or crazed shopping, but vintage Dickens, singing carols, celebrating family traditions.)
3. If I had to eat only one kind of food for the rest of my life: bread. (And my waistline is a visible monument to that.)
4. I don’t very much like the phrase “it’s good enough” – it implies you’ve done less than your best. (Can't say I've never said it, but most often I’m a bit of perfectionist.)
5. When they first appeared, I said the Beatles were just a fad. (I make myself laugh out loud with this one!)
6. I’ve been nicknamed “mad dog.” (When I get my teeth into something I’m quite stubborn and determined.)
7. I left my heart in San Francisco. (Really.)

Now, here's the seven bloggers I choose for this award. All of them are followers of my blog, all of them are incredible artists, and I follow all of their very interesting and artistic blogs. I guess we are a mutual admiration society! The tough part about picking a representative piece of artwork from their shops is choosing just one. So don't just go by what I choose; visit their shop or blog and be blown away!

Stefny68 Stephanie does the most gorgeous paintings, curates the most wonderful treasuries, and recently expanded her talents to a lovely blog: http://dragonflydegignstudios.blogspot.com/.  Here's one of her floral paintings:





Alphabuttonpusher's artwork IS her blog: http://pushbuttonalpha.blogspot.com/.  What an incredible eye she has in putting art and words together! When I first saw her blog it was such a visual and literary treat that I wanted to shut down my blog, go sit in the corner and suck my thumb - hers is that good.

meherio68 has a bilingual blog - http://lebarduvent.blogspot.com/ - she lives in France. I try to practice my French, but it's hopeless. My French lessons and my last trip to Paris were much too long ago. I love this ring:




Stacey from Artsnark has been one of my most loyal followers and we once did a double giveaway with our blogs.  Her blog - http://artsnark.blogspot.com/ - is always interesting, and she sponsors some great giveaways. Don't know how she manages all her time - she's an Energizer bunny!  This piece is very recognizable as hers - she uses part of it for her Etsy avatar. I love it and never tire of seeing it.




Lynne and I also did a succesful double giveaway which was great fun! Her blog is http://artbylmr.blogspot.com/ and her etsy shop is artbylmr.  She has these adorable Christmas coasters for the holidays:




Jean Levert Hood's, http://jeanleverthood.blogspot.com/, calls herself a "Texas Hill Country Painter" and her blog takes me to a rustic world I don't know much about being a city kid, but I sure enjoy visiting.  Her etsy shop is full of simply breath-taking paintings and watercolors.




Cheri's blog is http://art2artcolorado.blogspot.com/.  Her Etsy shop,  art2artcolorado, is a total visual delight for me. I'm particularly envious of her digital artwork, because I wish mine were as polished and wonderful.  See what I mean?




So there you have it.  My thankfulness to all of you for your inspiration and support!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Felicia :D I'll post my pics on Monday - tough choice, so many creative folks to choose from.

    Also, thanks for introducing me to some new blogs & artists here today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for honoring me with this award Felicia! I'll be thinking about who to post, and get that up tomorrow morning, it's going to be so hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You honestly made me blush! Thank you for this. I want to bragg and be humble at the same time lol. I'll make sure to pass it on on the right group of people :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this delightful award, Felicia! I'm honored to be chosen, and thank you! It's some very nice company to be in here too! Best to you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments. I'm honored to know all of you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails