Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Month of Thankfulness - in the Garden

Michigan weather has been all over the map this year - what a roller coaster!  As a result, my garden was a roller coaster too - some perennials not blooming, slimy slug infestations, rampant blackspot on my roses.

Today is scheduled to be an above-60 degrees sunny day, probably the last for the year.  So thank you God for these few days of nice weather so I can clean up and put my garden to bed. 

I am so thankful that I have my little flower garden - it's just big enough to keep me happy but small enough that I can (almost) handle it by myself.  And I'm thankful that I get a new start in the garden every year!

So ... goodnight, roses. Goodnight, dogwood. Goodnight, garden. Better luck next year.





4 comments:

  1. It was a wierd garden year for us too. We said good night to ours and I have just finished pickling the last of the hot peppers. Still have a couple of zuchinni breads to make.

    Also wanted to let you know there is an award waiting for you on my blog http://clayitagain.blogspot.com/2009/11/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    XOXOXOX,
    Cindi/ClayItAgain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindi - Glad to know I wasn't just being perennial paranoid! :)

    Thanks for the award. I'll be by to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same for us far as the garden goes, my Angel's Trumpet got huge this year, but not ONE bloom! So, I'm with you on the "Good night garden" love the reference to "Good night moon..."

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails