Sunday, November 1, 2009

November Charades Contest




Here's the Charades contest for November!

How it works: I post art from various Etsy shops and each photo represents one word in the title, in the correct order. In some cases (but not all) I will ignore short prepositions (a, an, the).

Change in the rules: I gave this some thought and decided running the contest for an entire month is entirely too long! It's too easily forgotten. So I'm changing up the rules and we'll try running this contest for just one week.  So ... the winning name will be drawn next Sunday, November 8. No more time to procrastinate!

The prize: A drawing will be held from all comments submitted. The prize will be an 8"x8" print of the first piece: "Imagine It" from my Etsy shop.  Also: The first person to submit the correct answer, in addition to being in the drawing, will receive another small gift from my shop, perhaps a gift card or an ACEO or some other surprise.

Want to increase your odds? You can be entered in the drawing up to three times: (1) Take your guess, (2) In a separate comment, tell us your favorite artwork from one or more of these shops, (3) In a separate comment, tell me you signed up to follow my blog. If you are already following, you can post a separate comment to mention that. (More than three comments from the same person will not be counted.) The winner will be selected by random number generator.


WHAT IS IT:

Here you go!
















Good luck!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun game! Thank you so much for using my mosaic mirror as a clue. Your blog is always fun and upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" I still love that movie!

    bpr_designs@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now a blog follower! :)

    bpr_designs@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going with "A Mad Mad Mad Mad World" (did I get too many mads in there?) too.I can explain my logic if needed, but it's very simplistic stuff. I could be wrong. But I love playing this game!

    carapacenator(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad world"---Neat game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doggone it! I'm back to being too easy again. (Well, not me ... the game!)

    Make me feel not so mad mad mad by commenting on the artists featured. Show them some love ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felicia, this is such a genius idea!! I'm honored to have my print as the "A" in your game this week :-D
    (and yes, I'm going with "It's a mad, mad, mad world" for my guess).
    Such fun!
    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm following now. Thanks for putting my mad cow in the game. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Catching Stars print from vusova

    ReplyDelete
  10. FELICIA
    I wish I where film addict,so I have no clue to this game, but you now have have me as a follower. But I do love fun games.
    Johnnie Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to all for coming to play! It's a fun challenge to come up with the right mix of clues, but I'm sure enjoying the game! And I love giving the artists some exposure. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails