Sunday, January 31, 2010

February Charades Contest


Are you ready for some Charades???

Update: http://feliciakramer.blogspot.com/2010/02/get-few-clues-folks.html
How it works: Each photo below stands by itself to represent a TOP 100 MOVIE from the '60s. (Don’t worry – I’ll move up the decades ladder eventually!) There's eight movies in total.  Plus a bonus photo just for fun.

The rules: You  need to guess the movie titles – and make sure they ARE the correct titles - for each one.

The prizes: The first person to correctly guess all eight songs will receive a collection of my newest gift cards. They’re so new they’re not finished yet, so I’ll post a photo in a few days. Then a second winner will be selected by random number generator from all comments submitted. The prize? A $15 gift certificate toward anything in my shop. (www.etsy.com/shop/anotherbrightidea)

Want to increase your odds? You can be entered in the drawing up to four times: (1) Take your guesses in one comment (only one guess entry per person), (2) In a separate comment, tell me your favorite image from one or more of these shops, (3) In a separate comment, tell me you signed up to follow my blog, (4) In a separate comment, tell me you became a fan of my facebook page: www.facebook.com/anotherbrightidea.  If you are already following or already a fan, you can post a separate comment to mention it. (More than four comments from the same person will not be counted.) The drawing will be held on

Friday, February 12.

What are they: 


Time Frame: The 1960s


#1



#2


#3


#4



#5


#6


#7


#8


This last one is just for fun. It won't count one way or the other for the contest. There was one movie I wanted to include here but I couldn't find an art piece that wouldn't give it away immediately.  Then a friend of mine sent this in an email so I just had to use it.
If you can guess the title of this photo, you shouldn't have any trouble guessing the name of the movie it represents. 

WARNING: Partial nudity follows. :-)




Did you get it??


 Take your best guesses and good luck!


16 comments:

  1. Okay...here goes.... #1 The Music Man #2 The Umbrellas of Cherbourg #3 Night of the Living dead #4 Bullitt #5 2001: A Space Odyssey #6 Contempt #7 The Hustler #8 Wild Bunch ..... I had a lot of trouble trying to pick one for the butts ... so many that could apply ...I guess I'll go with Breathless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marching band is my favorite image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shia - I'm with you: I love that Marching Band Photo. Good guesses - you have four correct. And when you find out what the butt picture is you're going to kick yourself for not getting it. Thanks for coming back to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are my guesses: 1) Music Man 2) Umbrellas of Cherbourg 3) Night of the Living Dead 4) Goldfinger 5) 2001, Space Odyssey 6) Charade 7) The Hustler 8) The Graduate.

    Not sure about the last photo! Thanks for the chance to win!
    june_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the U is for Umbrella image the best.
    june_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower too.
    june_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marci:
    Welcome and thank you - happy to have you here. You got four correct. Interestingly, both you and Shia picked #2 Umbrellas of Cherbourg. I had two choices for that piece, and I chose the OTHER one because I thought Umbrellas of Cherbourg would be too difficult! Shows what I know ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, this is hard! Good luck to everyone else! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright here I go.
    #1 The Sound of Music
    #2 Umbrellas of Cherbourg
    #3 Night of te Living Dead
    #4 The Shining
    #5 Long Days Journey into Night
    #6 Bonnie and Clyde
    #7 The Hustler
    #8 Rosemary's Baby

    The other??? The Wild Bunch

    My fav is You'll Never Get Me Copper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, sorry, Diana. You have three correct. The good news is you're the first one to guess #6 correctly.

    And you'll kick yourself when you find out what the last fun one is!

    Thanks for playing - send your friends over! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is # 2 Mary Poppins? The rest I'm at a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'VE GOT IT!!!!! The bonus picture is Breakfast at Tiffany's! Boy that was hard! I now know what #2 is but I'm not going to tell anyone. I still haven't figured out #5. Can't wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, SHIA!!! YOU GOT IT! Isn't that funny???? I really thought it was going to be easier than it was. You get an extra entry for the drawing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails