Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
~Author Unknown

This morning on Good Morning America they said less than 50% of New Year's resolutions last past 6 months. I have a lifetime membership at a fitness club but don't ask me how frequently I'm there! Early one year when I did get there to work out it was extremely crowded. I asked the trainer when can I come when it's not so busy.  Her reply? APRIL.  LOL  That's about when everyone starts slacking off on their resolutions!

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backward.
- Soren Kierkegaard

GMA also said don't think of your New Year's resolutions as goals but as "best practices." I like that, and it's along the lines of what I wrote about here.  I'll be reviewing what I did or didn't do in the past year to be more successful with my Etsy shop and a few other areas of my life.  Once I understand that, I can "live forward" with my personal best practices.  I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, enjoy this first day of the new year - I hope you didn't misbehave too much last night.  This is a day that should be enjoyed in comfort with faith and optimism that the best is yet to come!

2 comments:

  1. Until today I hadn't heard of the term "best practices". I think it's cool...truly I think the words - resolution, hope, wish, etc. - are only important so long as they mean something to you. Hope means the world to me so that's what I focus on...these best practices that you are laying out for yourself will come from a place of learning and I think we all learned so many things last year both good and bad. I know what you want and wish for yourself and your shop. I am not kidding in any way when I say you are an amazing artist so it is my hope that I can help in some way to help you bring your dream to life this year. I salute you and your best practices! Happy New Year :) for the best is surely yet to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you as well, I'm still pondering what my resolutions should be even tho' New Years Eve has come and gone....I'm sure it will end up being mostly Etsy goals and more family time.....
    Love the idea of "Best Practices" :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails