Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January Charades Contest




It's a New Year and a New Charades Game!


How it works: Listen up - I’m changing the contest up again; I like the way the Charades contest worked in December. So instead of one piece of art for each word, each photo below stands by itself to represent a Top 100 song from the '60s.  So there's eight songs in total.
The rules: You just need to guess the titles – and make sure they ARE the correct titles - for each one.

The prizes: The first person to correctly guess all eight songs will receive a print of #7 below, my Candle Light digital collage print. Then a second winner will be selected by random number generator from all comments submitted. The prize? A $15 gift certificate toward anything in my shop. (www.etsy.com/shop/anotherbrightidea)

Want to increase your odds? You can be entered in the drawing up to four times: (1) Take your guess in one comment, (2) In a separate comment, tell me your favorite image from one or more of these shops, (3) In a separate comment, tell me you signed up to follow my blog, (4) In a separate comment, tell me you became a fan of my facebook page: www.facebook.com/anotherbrightidea.  If you are already following or already a fan, you can post a separate comment to mention it. (More than four comments from the same person will not be counted.) The drawing will be held on
Tuesday, January 19th.

What are they:











Time Frame: The 1960s


-1-


-2-



-3-

Little Fisherman - Aceo ATC  by WatercolorsbyDerek

-4-

-5-

Wild Lion Print 8x10 by JEJohnsonportraits

-6-

Dancing City by reniebritenbucher

-7-

-8-

Worn Out - Original Drawing on paper by artsnark

32 comments:

  1. #1 Bad Moon Rising
    #2 A whiter shade of pale
    #3 Dock of the bay
    #4 Up on the roof
    #5 Born to be wild
    #6 Dancing in the street
    #7 Light my fire
    #8 Crying

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hard to choose a favorite but I am going to choose The Girl with White Hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicia....are we only allowed one guess? Or can I come up with another list of possible titles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shia!! Welcome to my blog and my FB page.

    You guessed some of the songs correctly (good job), but I won't say which ones because I don't want to give unfair advantage to anyone else.

    Sorry - you only get one chance to guess the names. As I mentioned above, you are allowed up to four comments to be entered into the drawing. So you will be entered in the drawing four times (one guess, one follower, one FB, and one comment about an artist).

    I'm so happy you enjoyed playing the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FELICA
    I LOVE YOUR CHARADE GAMES, JUST WISH I WAS GOOD AT IT. I LIKE BEING A VAST MEMBER, SO MANY MANY GREAT ARTIST ON THE TEAM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicia, This is a hard one! Here is my try.
    #1. This Guy's in Love With You
    #2 Whiter Shade of Pale
    #3 (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay
    #4 Paperback Writer
    #5 Born Free
    #6 Downtown
    #7 Fire
    #8 Wipe Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good guesses, Diana. But only some are correct. I'm having fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, here's my guesses...

    1. Bad Moon Rising
    2. A Whiter Shade of Pale
    3. (Sittin' on the) Dock of a Bay
    4. I Can See for Miles
    5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    6. Reflections
    7. Light My Fire
    8. Cryin'

    Thanks so much! It was fun...so many songs and so many quesses...hard to narrow it down :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite image is Dancing City...love the colors!

    picnut1512@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good guesses, picnut! You got a few right. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the vibrancy in Dancing City

    shiki6210 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So here are my guesses, not the best with the 60's, but I tried to pick that sort of sounded like it.

    1. Where Did Our Love Go
    2. Young Girl
    3. Stranger On the Shore
    4. Oh, Pretty Woman
    5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    6. Groovin'
    7. Light My Fire
    8. Big Girls Don't Cry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a fan, will double check tonight, having trouble connect it seems. (Kym TEale)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your Valentine alphabet blocks - Bmine LoveU print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. #1- Bad Moon Rising
    #2-Whiter Shade of Pale
    #3-(Sittin' on the) Dock of a Bay
    #4- Lion Sleeps Tonight
    #5- Paperback Writer
    #6- Dancing In the Street
    #7- Light My Fire
    #8-Crying

    Anna
    perfectbluemoon@gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Little Girl with the White hair would be my favourite but The little fisherman would be my husbands, It'd be a game of rock paper scissors!

    Anna
    perfectbluemoon@gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can totally see why you all would guess the songs that you're guessing. When the songs that were in my brain are revealed, I hope you'll see why I picked the art that I did. Here's a clue: two people have five of the songs right. (**she smiles wickedly**)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stephanie -
    You'd best take a guess at ALL of them very quickly! Otherwise, you've just given a gift to someone else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. #1 When a man loves a woman
    #2 A whiter Shade of Pale
    #3 Dock of the Bay
    #4 Paperback Writer
    #5 Born to be Wild
    #6 Summer in the City
    #7 Light my Fire
    #8 Crying

    This one is a tough one! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I fanned you - thought I had already, but I guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lynne - you have five of eight correct. It's probably not making my readers happy, but I'm glad that I didn't make it too easy this time. Thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow your blog
    bsupersmiley@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. facebook fan
    bsupersmiley@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails