Tuesday, January 19, 2010

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

The January Charades contest ended today and I have to say I enjoyed this one because it was more of a challenging game - not so easy. I'm sorry that no one guessed all of the songs, but all of you guessed at least a few correctly.  Numbers 4 and 5 were the toughest - no one got those.
First, the answers to what was in my head when I chose the artwork, then I'll announce the winner of the drawing.: 





1. When a Man Loves a Woman – Percy Sledge











2. A Whiter Shade of Pale – Procol Harum











3. Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding











4. I Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles









5. Wild Thing – The Troggs
(All together now: "Wild thang I think I loooove you ...)









6. Dancing in the Street – Martha and the Vandellas











7. Light my Fire – The Doors












8. Crying – Roy Orbison










And now for the winner of the drawing for a $15 gift certificate to my shop:

Picnut 1512!!



Congratulations, Picnut 1512 - you even guessed half of the songs correctly.  I will email you with instructions on how to claim your gift.

Thanks to everyone for playing.  I like this format where I use one piece of art for each title. What did you think? Was this more fun and more challenging?  Let me know. I'm already hard at work on the February charades ...

While you're here, please take a minute to complete my product questionnaire: http://feliciakramer.blogspot.com/2010/01/thumbs-up-or-thumbs-down.html
My friend Stephanie assures me that it was very easy and didn't take her very long at all to complete.  Thanks, Steph.


And finally, be sure to stop back tomorrow for my first "In the Studio" feature this year with a great artist and a friend.

6 comments:

  1. Great contest, so challenging! Congrats to Picnut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for Picnut! However by my count I got 5 correct. Am I wrong? Maybe I can't count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picnut can have the prize if I can have the glory. :=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shia, yep, you counted right. Actually two others guessed five of them correctly: artbylmr and perfectbluemoon.

    Sad to say, the rules are you had to guess ALL of them to get the prize. But if you three would like to share the glory, have at it!! Thanks for playing! Be sure to watch for the February game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now I understand....picnut was chosen from a random drawing because no one got all of them right. :=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were two prizes offered: one of my prints to anyone who guessed all of them correctly, AND a random drawing from all comments for a $15 gift certificate.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails