Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ready for my Closeup Framed Collage

just listed this newest work - a framed collage. This is another in my occasional series of artwork with a 20-word poem, and I prepare an ACEO with the image and the poem that buyers will receive with their purchase.  This is the first one that is a one of a kind framed collage.

Ready for my Closeup

8 x 10-in. (20.32x25.4 cm)

This wistful image shows a star ready for her closeup but not very happy about it. She seems world-weary as she gazes at someone behind the camera. Her director AND her lover, perhaps?

He controls my every move,
every appearance, every film.
Does he know who I really am?
Ready for my closeup …





 One of the reasons I majored in printmaking in college was because I figured I could have my cake and eat it too. I wouldn't have to go through separation anxiety every time I sold something that I really liked.  I like this one very much and I probably will hate to send it away.  Do you get attached to your artwork this way?

1 comment:

  1. I have a few originals that I have been sad to see go, but when I receive the feedback of how much they love the piece, it makes it all worth it! There are 2 pieces I have that I just cannot part with, so I have not put them up for sale. Maybe some day I will become less attached to them, but for now, they are staying with me!!

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails