Sunday, March 14, 2010

Finding Time


Nope, this isn't about daylight savings time, although I hope you remembered to spring forward this weekend.  If not, do it now!

I created this digital print for the Thursday Sweet Treat challenge, about Dr. Seuss's irrepressible belief in what is possible for each and every person (or Sneetch).  In his very famous words..."And will you succeed, yes you will indeed, 98 and 3/4% guaranteed."  The Dr. Seuss/Finding Time connection also relates to the online writing course I joined, "Oh the Stories You'll Tell."  It too is the creation of  the very same Natasha, of Thursday Sweet Treat.  Right now you just about own me, Natasha!

What does finding time have to do with Dr. Seuss? Because with my always full "to-do list," I think I have an irrepressible belief in what is possible! 

My list has "have-to's" - real things like grocery shopping, doctor appointments, etc. 

Then there's the "want-to's" - these sometimes get pushed down because they resemble a bucket list. Places to go, books to read, things I want to do - oh my, this list is LOOOOONNNG!!

Finally, there's the "must-do's" - all revolving around my creative life. My Etsy shop, this blog, my photography, my writing, my home decor - in short, my creative life.  I "must" do these for the sake of my soul and spirit. I can't imagine how empty my life would be without creative expression. (Not to mention that keeping mind and body active is supposed to have positive effects on my longevity!)

I have never understood people who say they are bored, especially if they are retired like me.  There's SO much you can do! 

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.

 
Well said, Doctor!!  Here's more Dr. Seuss for you!

What about you?  We all have have-to's and want-to's - but what are your must-do's?  What feeds your soul and spirit?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Felicia! I can't imagine a life without creativity and I enjoy spending time in the company of like-minded people. Hard to imagine ever being bored.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails