Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Accidents

The process of art-making is full of happy accidents – what fun!
~ Max Elliott

I love it when I'm treated to a "happy accident" - the unexpected gift that presents itself when I'm in the process of creating or just simply playing.  That's what happened when I was out taking photos one very sunny day last spring.  Somehow I unknowingly re-set the exposure on my camera, resulting in some over-exposed macro photos of irises.   

I was thrilled with the result - a happy accident! I just renewed this one in my shop. Other than some minimal adjustments in Photoshop, the photo is as it came from the camera.


I layered some of the other photos with abstract images. I just renewed this one too: 


The following collage prints are not currently listed in my shop. If you are interested in any of them, please send me an email. 

Liquid Purple

Liquid Pink

Liquid Blue-Green

I have meant what I have done. Or – I have often meant what I have done. Or – I have sometimes meant what I have done. Or – I have tried to mean what I was doing.
~ Jasper Johns

Me too, Jasper - me too!

1 comment:

  1. This is a brilliant Happy Accident! I love all the photos, as well.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails