Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Undead Computer


It's the strangest thing .... my computer quit; tech support told me the motherboard died; there was no hope. As I mentioned, this was a bit of a crisis, because computer access is a big deal for me with the blog and etsy shop, not to mention email, facebook, etc.  So the last few days I have been running over to the library for a few hours so I could keep tabs on everything. 

I was still in denial, though - every time I passed my computer I tried powering it on but nothing happened for days. All of a sudden, as of Sunday night, IT IS AMONG THE UNDEAD!!!  It's now running again. Go figure!  I know it's not well, though, so I'm rushing to go through everything to make sure I have everything saved that I need to save. Once I get the new one set up, I'll ask the technician to clean this one out to see if it will serve as a backup for awhile longer.

Anyway, I'm just happy to be operational and I hope it lasts until the new one is in-house.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails