Friday, August 13, 2010

Make me laugh … make me laugh

I’m slowly, oh so slowly climbing out of my computer hell, but it’s so frustrating that I still alternately scream and cry! I have 2-3 projects going that have a time limit so there’s pressure-pressure. But everything on my new computer is so new and different that each little step I take requires me to check “help” or “support” and a lot of clicking to figure out how to do it. (Going from Photoshop 2 to 5 is killing me!)  It’s not that I don’t want to learn – I absolutely love the SPEED I have now and there’s some features available to me now that will be fantastic. But getting there is so painful that I desperately need some laughs. And here’s two blogs that help me start my day with a few LOLs, sometimes ROFLMAOs!

The first is Cake Wrecks. Who would have thought that a blog about such an obscure subject would turn into such a phenomenon? Here’s how they describe it:


“A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.”

Even funnier than the cakes are the comments that come from Jen and John, the couple who created this site, which has spawned a book, cake wreck tours and a devoted following. On the other end of the spectrum and interspersed with the disasters are some absolutely stunning cakes created by some fantastic baker/artists. Take a look. You’ll laugh at the wrecks and marvel at the gorgeous cakes.


The next blog just might be my all-time favorite: The Pioneer Woman. Did you just flash on “Little House on the Prairie?” Trust me – Ree and Marlboro Man are SO not Ma and Pa Ingalls!


“My Name Is Ree I'm a desperate housewife. I live in the country. I channel Lucille Ball, Vivien Leigh, and Ethel Merman. Welcome to my frontier!”

The blog is an eclectic mix – cooking, photography, home and garden, homeschooling, etc. And then there’s the ongoing adventures in “Black Heels to Tractor Wheels” – the story of how this city lawyer ended up on a ranch in Oklahoma with a cowboy and is living happily and hilariously ever after. (Her story has been optioned by a big shot movie studio, so get over to visit so you can say “I knew her when” when the movie blockbuster comes out.)

She’s incredibly talented, impossibly successful, and – best of all - She. Is. Very. Funny!

Enough. You must must visit the site and experience it for yourself.  Fair warning – allow enough time to browse because you will be captivated! And then stop back here and let me know what you think.

Thanks for your patience with my computer issues. I hope to be back to normal soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails