Saturday, January 1, 2011

HOW TO STAY YOUNG


 "Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none". --William Shakespeare

Today is 1-1-11.  How's that for a number to signify a new beginning for all of us??  I'm not going to list my new year's resolutions - they're almost always the same and in my defense I have to say I keep on trying to keep them throughout the year, with admittedly mixed results.  

One perennial resolution is to get my life organized, and this year it will be particularly important. My major back surgery and months of recuperation will require that my home and life be streamlined since I will be extremely limited physically.  I have already started getting organized, working on cleaning out my computer files. In the process, I found this, which I think was originally sent to me via email.  It's worth reading again, and it works just fine as new year's resolutions. You're welcome to adopt them for yourself!

Have a great year, everyone!   
 
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.

2. Keep only cheerful friends.  
The grouches pull you down. (Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches.)

3. Keep learning.  Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening,
whatever. Never let the brain get idle.  "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud.  Laugh until you gasp for breath.   And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her.

6. The tears happen. 
Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.   LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love.  Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.   Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health.  If it is good, preserve it.  If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips.  Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.


1 comment:

  1. What a great list of resolutions! I'm going to just grab those instead of trying to think of my own!

    Wishing you health, happiness, and success in 2011!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails