Sunday, January 16, 2011

Imagine You Are on Grey's Anatomy ...


So … tomorrow morning I head to St. Louis for two days of pre-op testing for my upcoming  back surgery in March.  The hospital is a well-known teaching hospital.  When I went for my initial evaluation last June, trailing the surgeon into the examining room was this:


Well, not THEM exactly, but quite a few sober-faced interns. Immediately my imagination ran away with me and I was transported into a Grey’s Anatomy segment. I actually said, “OMG, I’m on Grey’s Anatomy.” No one even cracked a smile so I’m sure they’d heard it before, and I’m sure they would not have appreciated it if I had asked, “OK, who’s sleeping with who?”  So I kept quiet.

 My surgeon is a very straightforward and compassionate man, an attractive man … but not quite THIS attractive. 

As I go through tests this week – two extremely full days going from one testing office to another – I hope this isn’t their reaction when they see my already battle-scarred back. 

 My surgery in March will be the subject of a video tutorial because my surgeon decided my case is “interesting.” So I imagine all his interns will want to be on camera along with the doc and me.


Anyway, I have full confidence in my doctor, the staff, all those busy little interns, and the hospital as they work to fix my back as well as it will ever be fixed.  Bring it on, docs ….


 To Be Continued … in March …

6 comments:

  1. Are you sure you can't get this surgeon?? I realize that he can't actually operate but I think he might make you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love-love this! At least it's McDreamy and not Dr. House. (Although I don't mind Dr House making an appearance!)
    Be well and you're in my thoughts and prayers!
    Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see that you can keep a sense of humor about this- can't be looking forward to it. I think you should demand a McDreamy or at least some good painkillers that will make you THINK your surgeon is him LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visiting me the other day...wishing you all the best as you go through this. xoxox

    your blog is lovely...off to read some of your other posts.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails