Monday, July 11, 2011

Rust Belt Market, Ferndale, MI

A new arts venue opened in the metro Detroit area recently: Rust Belt Market.  They're open only on weekends and I finally found time to visit last Saturday.  I knew there would likely be some Etsy sellers there and I was right. In fact, the owners even call themselves Etsy offline!  Here's a quick rundown of the Etsy sellers I found there.  (Bear with me - my camera is on its last legs and some of my photos just didn't pan out.  Good thing I just bought a new Canon.)

First up: Janine (Janines) and Stacy (stacydumas) - both jewelry artists.  Janine creates pewter jewelry and Stacy focuses on natural materials such as Birch Bark.  Here's Janine and some views of their displays:



Next up: Michelle from Little Toad. Michelle does beautiful custom cards, invitations, announcements.

 I love this card that she had on display.  I know a few guys who could use this!


 Liz from Uglyclothes creates "It's the Fuzz" -  creative and unusual needle felted creatures.





Here's Christine (Christinesbeadworks) and Janis (Kittykins), both talented jewelry artists.



I fell in love with this piece from Janis:
And Christine does the most beautiful beaded wrist cuffs


Jesse of Parkercreativegifts and http://parkercreative.us is a talented photographer who mounts his work on wood blocks AND makes his own display stands! Cool!


 I love this print.

I fell in love with the work by Patti of Legacymixedmedia. She also has a blog: http://www.patti-itsmylife.blogspot.com/.   Her assemblages are wonderfully creative and she makes great use of what others might call "junk."  Great recycler/upcycler! I think my attraction to her work probably results from the fact that when I try to create an assemblage like these they don't turn out very well! 




 Hard to pick a favorite, but I was really attracted to these two, especially the one on the left.


This last gentleman - Goldy Holdwick of Rustic Productions - doesn't have an internet presence, but his work is delightful - very rustic.  He too upcycles materials like tools and rusty discards to create his bird houses, bat houses, and squirrel feeders.   If you would like his contact information just send me an email.




2 comments:

  1. wow - waht a fantastic photo-filled post! Great finds here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shots are wonderful! I love the Rust Belt and Janice and I enjoyed our two weekends there last year. Thanks so much for your kind comments as well.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails