Saturday, October 1, 2011

In the Pink for October

As we all know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  And of course I can't help thinking about my Mom, who lost her battle with breast cancer many years ago.  Tragic as it was, her death had one valuable benefit: her five daughters became much more aware of the importance of mammograms and screenings. That probably saved the life of one sister, whose breast cancer was discovered very, very early and was successfully treated.

As I do every year, during the month I will donate 10% of any pink sales in both of my shops to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  It's one of my favorite colors so I have quite a few pinks in my shops, especially my original shop: Another Bright Idea. My second shop, More Bright Ideas, doesn't have quite as many pinks, but I'm working on more to list.

To make it easier, I have moved all pinks (even if there's just a smidgen of pink) to the front page of both of my shops.  Please take a look and consider helping out a very worthy cause.  Hey, it's not too early to think about Christmas gifts!

Here's a sampling of my two front page pinks.

Another Bright Idea:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails