Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weddings and Hospitals and Visitors, Oh My!

Just got through a busy weekend.  My niece married her sweetheart on Friday, 11-11-11.  You can bet her husband will never forget their anniversary!
 We had out of town guests for the wedding; my Wisconsin sister stayed with me from Wednesday through Monday. At the same time, my brother has been in the hospital for almost two weeks now.  He had heart surgery and has had a few complications since.  He was supposed to have been released over the weekend, which caused us to do a fair amount of jockeying around with schedules, since the out of town visitors wanted to visit him as well.  Everything worked out well in the end and my niece and her new husband are now on their honeymoon somewhere in Florida. 

Me? I'm feeling the backlog effect of taking basically six days off.  Every year I vow to work on holiday products much earlier, and every year I find myself rushing to get everything done. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week.  I never learn! 

How are you doing this year? Have you hit the panic button yet? Or are you so super organized that you're already sitting back, relaxing and drinking hot chocolate?

1 comment:

  1. He better not forget that, men have such issues with remembering dates, I think it genetic for all men, women on the other hand, remember too many special dates haha

    - Kim

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails