Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cards and Family Ornaments

Not surprisingly, my Christmas cards are handmade every year. I have been doing that for some 40 years. Wow! I'm getting old!   Here is this year's card:


With this explanation inside:


And this wish:
 
For about the past 25 years, I have also been making ornaments to give to the family at our annual Christmas parties.  I cheated a little and bought these plaster ornaments at the post-Christmas sales last year.  And then I did a lot of glittering. Whenever I pull the glitter out I end up finding bits of glitter all over the house for weeks afterward! I gave the ornaments out yesterday at the family party.




It's a little hard for me to grasp, but I think this was the last year for both the party and the ornaments.  I'll be sad about that for a while, but I will have to come up with some new traditions for next year.  I just have to keep remembering:

Every end is a new beginning. 

- Proverbs

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the card! It's so personal and beautiful :) And the ornaments are very cute too! Thanks for stopping by our blog, yours is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails