Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter ... Eggxactly!

I don't do a whole lot of decorating for Easter but when I pulled out a few of the decorations I had to stop and think for a minute.  It's kind of disconcerting when you realize that things you bought new or created are now considered "vintage." That's the case with these fabric covered Easter eggs that I bring out every year.  Remember when L'eggs pantyhose came in a large plastic egg? As I recall there was a pattern specifically meant for use with those L'eggs containers. The pattern is long gone but these eggs remain and best I can figure I made these over 20 years ago.  The fabric scraps were left over from placemats and napkins I made. Those are long gone too! Anyway, I still like these eggs and I'll probably keep using them until they fall apart.


These marble eggs are newer, although I have had them for more than 10 years, I believe.   
This little rabbit and duck were rescued from the donation pile after my Aunt/Godmother passed away.  These little critters were a bit the worse for wear, but a nice layer of glitter and they are good to go for many Easters to come.  Whenever I bring them out I can't help but have sweet memories of my Aunt - both of us have early April birthdays so they often fall near the Easter celebration. Her birthday would have been three days ago.  My birthday is tomorrow - Easter Saturday.


Whatever plans you are making for Easter - religious services, cooking, baking, time with relatives and friends - I hope everything is going well so far. Try not to stress out too much - it's supposed to be a joyous season!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails