Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!*

The only sure thing about luck is that it will change. ~Wilson Mizner

Well, it seems that my usual "I never win anything" whine has to be retired for a while. My luck seems to have changed for the better lately.

First from Mark Montano: http://markmontanoblogs.blogspot.com  

"Are you ready? Drum roll please...... FELICIA KRAMER is our GLITTER BLAST TUESDAY WINNER ... Can I hear a WOOT WOOT!"  

I won five cans of Krylon glitter blast and Mark's book, The Big Ass Book of Crafts 2!  I already have the book but I'm still waiting for the glitter blast.




And then today I received an email that I was a winner again from Kate at http://www.centsationalgirl.com - a $50 gift card to Home Depot!!  I spend so much time at Home Depot I'll bet I will easily spend that $50 in less than 1 minute in the paint department!  I love Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover 2x spray paint and use it all the time.  I also have big plans for my patio decor this summer, so I will be buying some outdoor paints as well. 


This is so cool - I love winning!  And speaking of winning, if you aren't already following Mark's and Kate's blogs, you should.  They are full of fun crafts and lots of beautiful decor projects.  Total inspiration.

Thanks, Mark and Kate!

* - Ever wondered where that phrase came from? From WikiAnswers: A popular story about the origin of this phrase is that in Las Vegas you could get a nice chicken dinner for less than $2.00. Since winning an average bet would make you over $2.00, the two were equated as being approximately the same value. If you won, you could buy a chicken dinner, and I'm sure that the rhyming factor didn't hurt for people who were rubbing in their win. :)  Thus the phrase "Winner, winner, chicken dinner" was born.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Felicia, you better buy some lottery tickets too! And thanks for explaining the origin of Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I always wondered about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Mitzi - I was thinking the same thing! It’s very unusual for me to win anything! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails