Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A New Rose With Special Meaning

Whenever I can, I like to find plants for my garden with the name of someone special to me. For instance, this tea rose is Just Joey.  It is in honor of my nephew Joey who passed away many years ago at the age of four. 


My climbing rose didn't survive the winter so I had to replace it. And when I saw the name of this rose I knew I had to find it.  My niece Dawn passed away just a few years ago at the age of 39.  This rose - New Dawn - is as beautiful as she was.



Just so you know, I also have a few perennials named in honor of family or friends who are thankfully still alive!  The beautiful thing is that whenever I look at each of these flowers I can't help but stop for a quiet moment to remember their namesakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails