Saturday, December 7, 2013

Decorating for the Holidays

After spending 10 days in Milwaukee helping my sister through her hip replacement surgery, I'm playing catchup for the holidays.  I did manage to get some decorating done the other day.  I find I'm doing less and less each year - my concession to bad back, bad knees, etc.  Oy.

Even though it gets heavier and heavier every year, it just isn't Christmas without my memory wreath, so I struggle up the stairs, then up the ladder to get it hung.  I have written about it in detail here.  In short, this wreath contains ornaments that were given to me over the years, ornaments that belonged to family members who have departed, ornaments I made every year for my family Christmas parties.  When I put the wreath up, I can't help reminiscing about the people and the times those ornaments represent.  Here's some views of the wreath and some of my decorating.  As I said, it's less and less each year.  Bittersweet.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails