So here's the summary of what was done.
BEFORE: Dining room area; kitchen off to the left, wall of windows on the right. Targets for change: Wall color, rug
counter tutorial here.
I like having the shelves so I can change out my display for the seasons. The current fall display is a combination of my old and new artwork and treasured gifts from friends and family. See how I put together these shelves here.
AFTER: Sold the torchiere lamp, painted the corner shelf unit and the door wreath, and rearranged the wall decor. At least on my computer, the wall color here looks the closest to the actual color - "cafe cream".
AFTER: Sold the floor lamp in the background, removed the stereo shelves, rearranged all wall and shelf decor, sold rug, painted and rearranged CD/DVD boxes on coffee table. See the sofa tutorial here.
Targets for change: drapes, new top for my mom's vintage sewing machine base. I learned to sew on that machine. (Please ignore the messy potting bench outside!)
AFTER: I decided not to replace all of my drapes. However, I added inexpensive white sheers and created simple tiebacks with burlap ribbon and rope. The sheers refreshed the look so much that everyone thought I had replaced everything!Target for change: TV cabinet
AFTER: See the TV cabinet tutorial here.
AFTER: Mirrored planter repainted and faux etching removed, artwork reframed and rearranged.
Well, that's it. I think I covered everything I did. I'm SO pleased with how everything worked out. Alas, it has helped only minimally to give me more daylight for photography. I hope these photos aren't too disappointing and capture my newly brightened interior well enough.
If you have any questions please comment here or send an email. Thanks for listening!! :)